[CentOS-devel] C5 + DL320 G2 compatibility

Thu May 17 13:25:04 UTC 2007
Nicholas Byrne <nicholas.byrne at quadriga.com>

Hi,

I've been having problems installing CentOS 5 on the DL320 G2 server
which uses one of those fake raid chips. I'm fairly sure it's a an LSI
logic chip supporting 133 ATA x 2, with raid 0, 1 and 1+0 support and
uses the megaide driver. Here are the specs for the system (though they
don't specify the chip in question) -
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11512_div/11512_div.html

When booting with old firmware/bios i get to the point  anaconda does
the drive detection and it cannot find any drives. I thought, ok old
firmware i'll try updating to the firmware shipped on the 2007 release
of HP firmware 7.70 CDROM (FW770.2007_0131.52.iso). Now i boot C5 up
from CD and all i see is -

Ready!..

You cannot disabled the LSI controller in the BIOS, it appears to be the
only ide controller available. I have tried a few kernel parameters such
as enabling disabling apic etc but nothing got me past this point.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Nick

This e-mail is the property of Quadriga Worldwide Ltd, intended for the addressee only and confidential.  Any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message or any attachments is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Messages sent to and from Quadriga may be monitored.

Quadriga cannot guarantee any message delivery method is secure or error-free.  Information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.

We do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in this message and/or attachment that arise as a result of transmission.

You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Quadriga.