[CentOS-devel] RE: [CentOS] 4.5 ALB Bonding Hang on Shutdown [Bug]

Thu May 31 20:29:32 UTC 2007
Ross S. W. Walker <rwalker at medallion.com>

I think I found the answer. The new version of bonding has a
bug in it that doesn't restore the original mac addresses on
termination and will leave the mac address on the interface it
was last on. Then, as ifdown is called on each slave it will hit
a slave whose mac address has changed and is a dup of the other
slave and it will hang there.

For some reason though if I set a programmable mac address not
equal to any installed on the system on the bondX interfaces
it complains the mac has changed, but it doesn't hang, so that
is my interim work-around, set a unique MACADDR= on each bondX
interface.

-Ross