[CentOS-devel] Re: Third repos CentOS 5 compatibility

Sat May 5 21:26:38 UTC 2007
Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net>

On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 04:38:04PM -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> > On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 03:09:52PM -0700, C.M. Connelly wrote:
>
> >> I know that Dag and Karanbir both participate in the list (I'm
> >> making no claims for their satisfaction with how things are going
> >> so far).  Axel Thimm, who's a Fedora developer who also runs a
> >> third-party repo, is also very active with EPEL.
>
> > But also very disappointed from the course that EPEL chose to take wrt
> > to all other 3rd party repos. He's currently stripping off repotags
> > from his repo cursing all day people in EPEL that forced him to do
> > this.
>
> Maybe if we all can agree to some ground rules, then all repos can play
> nice.  See proposal:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/RepositoryCollaboration

These rules should had been going w/o saying, but sadly the true
colors look more like (on discussing repotags):

00:55 <    mmcgrath> | I'm just tired of playing politics with people who are trying to define what rules we play by even though they don't honor our rules.
00:55 <    mmcgrath> | I mean hell, how many of those 3rd party repos have even signed a cla?
00:55 <    mmcgrath> | We're aiming much larger then they are and we have a much different structure as a result.

I'm tired of trying to build bridges. It wore me off in fedora.us
days and it's happening again with epel.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net