[CentOS-devel] yum 2.4.3 updates for CentOS 3 and 4 in the testing repo

Thu May 17 05:43:17 UTC 2007
"Ing. Ernesto Pérez Estévez" <centos at ecualinux.com>

Daniel de Kok wrote:
> On Thu, 10 May 2007 21:56:09 +0200
> Daniel de Kok <daniel at centos.org> wrote:
> Any folks out there who have tested this on CentOS 3 yet? We'd really
> like to get some feedback on how well this works, especially with the
> new kernel update handling.

Hi, sorry, I sent the following mail from a different address, and I
guess it got defferred by mailman, here it goes again, it is regarding
CentOS 3 and the new yum (actually the new sqlite):

MailScanner uses perl-DBD-SQLite to create a spamassassin cache database

To upgrade my yum (dev.centos.org repos) in my CentOS-3 I had to upgrade
sqlite as well.

After that MailScanner refused to start because of an error:

In Debugging mode, not forking...
/usr/bin/perl: relocation error:
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/SQLite/SQLite.so:
undefined symbol: dbd_st_finish

Then I got perl-DBD-SQlite SRC.RPM from rpmforge, and recompiled it with
the new sqlite :

sqlite-3.3.6-2
sqlite-devel-3.3.6-2

And installed (updated) this newly recompiled perl-DBD-SQLite, it now works.

My suggestion is: to offer perl-DBD-SQLite's rpms in the dev.centos.org
rpms, otherwise perl-DBD-SQLite will stay behind, compiled for the
original sqlite and it will fail to work.

regards
epe

--
Ing. Ernesto Pérez Estévez