[CentOS-devel] Interest in assisting with the Centos s390 disto

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Nov 21 18:52:23 UTC 2007

Dag Wieers wrote:
>> I am interested in assisting with the development of the Centos s390
>> disto.
>> I do have access to s390 hardware and currently support 4 linux VM
>> guests.
>> How do I get started.

Is one of those centos-4 ? thats the best place to start. get a minimal
centos-4 install setup. I can then work with your and get the bootstrap
stuff for centos-5 on there. ( I presume its c5 you are interested in
helping with, since c4 is already there ).

> What we need most is for people to take the lead, help out or organise a
> team. I know there has been interest in an s390 build from different
> people so no doubt if there is a framework there will be people to join.
>
> There is some documentation wrt. Special Interest Groups at:
>
> 	http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup

 I am not sure what we would achieve with a SIG at this stage, lets say
when there are 10 people contributing to the s390 effort we can move
away from this mailing list to one dedicated to -devel-s390. howse that ?