[CentOS-devel] About compile option for i386 of cachefilesd

DAICON

daicon at daicoon.org
Wed Nov 7 06:14:47 UTC 2007

CC:centos-devel at centos.org

Hi.
Mr. David Howells.

About compile option for i386 of cachefilesd.

Confirmed environment:
 1, On i386 platform
  OS : CentOS 5 i386
  CPU : Pentium M
  Mem : 2G
  Kernel : 2.6.18-8.1.15.el5 #1 SMP Mon Oct 22 08:32:04 EDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
           (Installed by RPM)
  cachefilesd : cachefilesd-0.7-6
                (Installed by RPM)

I test cachefilesd (RPM package) on i386 machine, and I found issue.
cachefilesd stopped when the file that exceeded 2Gbytes was loaded from NFS Server.
This is because compile option "-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"
is not set when compiling.

When this option is set, it seems to operate normally.

You should set this option by default when thinking about the function of cachefilesd.
I think.

Is there problem in this compile option setting?

--
DAICON <daicon at daicoon.org>