[CentOS-devel] Re: HTTP installation method and RELEASE-NOTES file

Ray Van Dolson

rayvd at bludgeon.org
Thu Nov 29 17:32:48 UTC 2007

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 09:23:57AM -0800, Scott Silva wrote:
> I just did an HTTP install last week with CentOS 5 x86_64 from a
> loop-mounted dvd and it worked fine. Could your copying have changed
> something?

Actually, looks like I drew my conclusions too soon.  Although the
system checks for those RELEASE-NOTES filenames that don't exist, and
then wants to validate the install media (which led me to think that a
CD-ROM install was about to occur despite choosing HTTP via askmethod),
the install does actually still pull from the HTTP source I selected.

So, disregard.  Just was a little confusing.

Thanks!
Ray