[CentOS-devel] How is updated the csgfs repo in centos4?

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 15:13:02 UTC 2007

On 9/8/07, Roger Peña <orkcu at yahoo.com> wrote:
> hi
>
> I just came to wonderling how centos team update the
> csgfs repo, what is the procedure to do that ?.
>
> I use csgfs from centos and works great, thanks a lot
> for provide it :-)
>
> but how you know when uptream provide an update for
> the packages?
> I notice the last update because I read the rss alert
> feed but not because they use the redhat-announce
> list, neither centos send a messages when there is an
> update to centos-announce :-(
>
> right now I am facing the problem with a lacking of
> *-kernel packages in csgfs for the newest centos4's
> kernel; I can, and will, compile the srpms from
> uptreams for the new  -55.0.6 kernel but I am just
> wonderling how others solve this problem...

I suppose you will get an authentic answer from Johnny Hughes, but to
give you a quick update on this ... this is what he said on the centos
IRC this morning.

 <hughesjr>  hi ... I am doing the new centosplus kernel now .. and as
soon as that is done, I will be working on csgfs kernel modules for
the normal kernel as well as the DRBD and XFS kernel modues for the
plus and normal kernel

-Akemi