[CentOS-devel] Re: CentOS Errata

Tue Sep 4 20:01:58 UTC 2007
Kevan Benson <kbenson at a-1networks.com>

On Tuesday 04 September 2007 12:07, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Kevan Benson wrote:

> >> the announce list is it
> >
> > Thanks. just for future reference, are there any plans to institute some
> > sort of html archive of this, maybe similar to
> > https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/?
>
> build a mechanism, we can look at it and adopt it :)
>
> there are some rss feeds, but not official and not going to be there for
> long so I am not going to publish the url anymore. we should have
> something more concrete for rss shortly ( a few weeks ) - if you want to
> take that on, feel free to do so.

I just might, since I need to process all the CentOS errata anyways.

I could whip up some MySQL schema that stores the relevant errata info CentOS
publishes and a CGI or PHP script of some sort could display it as needed,
RSS or HTML, even take care of the mailing when a new errata is submitted (or
after X days and new errata exist).  That would kill two (or three!) birds
with one stone.

Although, if you already have something lined up for the RSS, it might make
sense to just generate the HTML for the errata and put it up, so there's at
least something to look at for archives.  I'll be processing the old errata
anyways, not hard to pull it all out and stick it in some directory structure
while I'm at it.  That does lead to a need for someone to maintain it though.

Each has it's own benefits.  If you're serious about wanting something, let me
know, as I'm serious about doing it.

--
- Kevan Benson
- A-1 Networks