[CentOS-devel] Re: CentOS Errata

Tue Sep 11 00:55:57 UTC 2007
Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org>

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Daniel de Kok wrote:
> > It would be nice if there was a VUXML representation[1] as well, it is
> > used by other projects, and tools for using it are available.
> >
> > [1] http://www.vuxml.org/
>
> humm, and/or Oval definitely ( http://oval.mitre.org/ )

Please show me a lightweight implementation that works with older
OVAL standards.

Last time I checked, the reference implementation was the only existing
implementation, it was 4MB big, written in java (?) and choked on the Red
Hat OVAL output because it failed to be backward compatible with earlier
releases.

For me (and sarah !), completely useless :)