[CentOS-devel] CentOS-5 i586 status?

Adam Foran adam at foran.ca
Sun Apr 20 16:56:03 UTC 2008

Hey all,

I just had pretty poor luck installing CentOS-5 on one of these:

I'm trying to turn this into a home server/router and think CentOS
(with its long support cycles) is an ideal distribution for this
sort of application. The catch, of course, is that its a AMD Geode
(hence i586) based system, so the install doesn't get very far.

I saw there was a recent thread on this list about i586 support for
CentOS-5 and I was wondering if there is anyone currently working
on that. If there is I'd be interested in helping out.