[CentOS-devel] CentOS-5 i586 status?

Daniel de Kok daniel at centos.org
Tue Apr 22 17:54:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 3:38 AM, Adam Foran <adam at foran.ca> wrote:
>  On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 19:42 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>  > Would you like to bring some people together to work on this ? I dont
>  > even mind sitting through and being a part of the effort, however,
>  > someone else is going to need to do the heavy lifting.
>  I'm very happy to help with an effort like this, but I won't be able
>  to spend more than a few hours a week on a project like this, so I'm not
>  sure if I can realistically offer to do more than help with the testing.
>  >From your perspective, how big of effort would it be to get CentOS-5
>  running on a i586?

686 without cmov instructions does not need much work anymore
package-wise, so most of the work there is probably in patching
Anaconda to work on i686 without cmov. This work could also catch
i586, but I am not completely sure, because I do not have a i586 to
test with.

Anyway, I have moved our notes/status page to:

This should provide some information to interested people about what
is done, and what needs to be done.

Take care,