[CentOS-devel] Re: CentOS-5 i586 status?

Mon Apr 21 18:23:24 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 4-20-2008 9:56 AM Adam Foran spake the following:
> Hey all,
>
> I just had pretty poor luck installing CentOS-5 on one of these:
>
> http://koolu.com/Koolu-WE-Appliance/Works-Everywhere-Appliance.html
>
> I'm trying to turn this into a home server/router and think CentOS
> (with its long support cycles) is an ideal distribution for this
> sort of application. The catch, of course, is that its a AMD Geode
> (hence i586) based system, so the install doesn't get very far.
>
> I saw there was a recent thread on this list about i586 support for
> CentOS-5 and I was wondering if there is anyone currently working
> on that. If there is I'd be interested in helping out.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adam
You could get CentOS 4 on it. Still has almost 4 years of support. Until
Feb 29, 2012. That way you could use it now instead of waiting months for i586
support on CentOS-5.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and