[CentOS-devel] Rawhide

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 17:43:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Jeff Johnson <n3npq at mac.com> wrote:

> On Aug 5, 2008, at 1:15 PM, Kenneth Porter wrote:
>> Who in this case is the master? Where can we find the policy declaration,
>> and the people responsible for it? Are they aware of the side effects?

When wearing my Fedora Tester hat, I often check the Guidelines :
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines
Joe, and his high-and-mighty-rawhideness, also seems to directly
conflict with %{dist} tag use :
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/DistTag

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Jeff Johnson <n3npq at mac.com> wrote:
> The rawhide *.spec is targeted at rawhide, not everywhere, because of the
> branch
> structure in use by Fedora. That has nothing whatsoever to do with whether
> Fedora
> is "suicidal" or "RPM sux!", there's a perfectly obvious engineering
> explanation for
> why the RFE was declined.

Then the Fedora build structure is severely flawed. In other words, we
"dogs" have dysfunctional "masters". Come on team - we should practice
like we play, right? :-)

jerry

--
"Years of Academy training... wasted!" - Buzz Lightyear