[CentOS-devel] yum metadata for the c5-testing repository now has sqlite db as well

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 23:49:32 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 4:07 PM, Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-08-16 at 14:50 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:

>> To add a bit more observation in this area...
>>
>> When doing a 'yum groupinstall "foo bar", some of the groups do pull
>> i386 packages.  Again, this is on a pure x86_64 system.
>>
>> I will stop this type of test unless there is something else I need to
>> try out.  At lease there was some improvement with the current version
>> of yum.
>
> yum 3.2.17 and above set:
> mutlilib_policy=best in yum.conf under [main] and it will only install
> x86_64 pkgs.
>
> this is documented in the yum.conf file man page.
>
> -sv

Thanks.  That did it.  By the way it is multilib_policy :-)

>From the behavior I have seen, I assume 'all' is the default if not
specified.  Wouldn't it be better if 'best'  is made the default
option?  Most people will probably not be aware of this option (when
the new yum hit the street) and therefore will be installing
unnecessary i386 packages on their x86_64 machines. ???

Akemi