[CentOS-devel] Question about CentOS 4.0beta PowerPC boot CD

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Thu Aug 28 14:38:57 UTC 2008

Brian Schüler wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Does anyone remember the CentOS 4.0 beta boot CD for PowerPC?
Yeah, i used to install it on a G4 recently ;-)
> This is the only one type of boot CD that go to boot a Kernel on qemu (-system-ppc)
> with the Open(Hack'ware)Bios. (The Kernel itself hangs up then)
> Neither the Yellow Dog 6 DVD, nor Fedora 6 - 9 PPC edition, nor Ubuntu / Debian
> boots on Qemu ppc. So I wanted to adapt the running yaboot loader and configuration
> to boot the YDL 6 Kernel and initrd to install the stuff to make a mock build server for
> the el5 ppc Target.
I know z00dax is busy with the ppc/ppc64 build these days ..
  But when I (re-)create the .iso with mkisofs, Qemu does not
> recognize the CD-Image as a boot CD.
how have you created the boot cd ? following this tuto ?
http://penguinppc.org/ppc64/power-bootable-iso/

--
-
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>