[CentOS-devel] CentOS 5.x for Sparc?

Thu Aug 7 04:56:18 UTC 2008
Michael Worsham <mwecomputers at gmail.com>

Long ago, there was a CentOS build for Sparc under version 4.2 Beta. I
checked for the torrents for either the DVD and CD binary or source isos,
but no one is seeding that anymore as well. The old Sparc 4.2 beta repo was
found here: http://beta.centos.org/centos/4.2beta/isos/sparc/ ... but that
doesn't have enough information to even attempt a netinstall or a tftp/rarpd
boot/install.

Then just recently, I saw this CentOS announcement/post:

"We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of CentOS-5.2 for the
i386 and x86_64 Architectures. [...] Further Arch support for PowerPC, IA64
and Sparc are planned and will be released soon. These arch's will follow
the existing pattern of release to Beta first, and then to Final."

Reference:
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2008-June/014999.html

So, my question is... when is a Sparc beta release going to be available for
5.x?

-- Michael