[CentOS-devel] Rebuild xorg

Alan Bartlett ajb.stxsl at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 21 15:03:41 UTC 2008

2008/12/21 William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

> On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 14:26 +0100, Alain PORTAL wrote:
> > <snip>
>
> > I tried to use the vga driver but the only mode that succeded to run is
> > 320x200....
> > I can accept low resolution but not a such one ;-)
>
> You ought to be able to get at least VESA stuff.
>
> As root, from a console in run level 3 (telinit 3), try
>
>    system-config-display
>
> That _ought_ to get you going.
>
> > <snip>

Alain,

Whilst you are at runlevel 3,  please copy & post the output of both
/sbin/lspci and /sbin/lspci -n commands that relate to your video card.
Apologies if you've already posted this information -- have I missed it?

There should not be any big issue in getting your card operating in VESA
mode, as Bill has mentioned.

Alan.