[CentOS-devel] updated yum packages are now available in c5-testing

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Mon Dec 22 21:34:55 UTC 2008

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008, James Antill wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-12-22 at 12:29 -0800, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 4:56 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
>
> [...]
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/sqlitesack.py", line 470,
>> in _sql_pkgKey2po
>>     pkg = self._packageByKey(repo, ob['pkgKey'])
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/sqlitesack.py", line 413,
>> in _packageByKey
>>     po = self.pc(repo, cur.fetchone())
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/sqlitesack.py", line 68,
>> in __init__
>>     self._read_db_obj(db_obj)
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/sqlitesack.py", line 94,
>> in _read_db_obj
>>     setattr(self, item, _share_data(db_obj[item]))
>> TypeError: unsubscriptable object
>
> This is more understandable upstream by:
>
> http://yum.baseurl.org/gitweb?p=yum.git;a=commitdiff;h=3120676a73219b018d317d8adaac0d858d751a3b;hp=54bd2c6eebf6be6b2596e25538bff6b35e34c443
>
> ...which gives a "nice" message. There is also a change to
> yum-metadata-parser, which should work around the problem in atrpms.
> The short term. fixes are:
>
> 1. Don't use atrpms.
>
> 2. Use "yum clean metadata"

Can you be a little bit more specific ? Is there a thread describing the
issue ? Is there going to be a real fix for it ?

I really don't feel good with this patch. The error does not indicate
to a user that a "yum clean metadata" resolves their problem.

If we are going to have all our users that use atrpms go through this by
default, then I think we should avoid it at all cost.