[CentOS-devel] Centos 5 update breaks drbd

Wed Dec 3 20:35:27 UTC 2008
Jerry Amundson <jamundso at gmail.com>

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 7:45 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> Akemi Yagi wrote:
>> I tried to reproduce the trouble reported here but all went fine.  I
>> have updated the bug tracker with the details.
>
> I dont have any such problem either, which is why I asked the OP to
> figure out what is going on with his machine.

I'm running kernel-xen, if it matters, and drbd *not* drbd82, which
might matter. Some time back, I added excludes in yum.conf to be sure:
exclude=*i386 *i686 kernel kmod-drbd drbd82 kmod-drbd82 kmod-drbd82-xen

[root at app1 ~]# rpm -qa \*drbd\*
kmod-drbd-xen-8.0.13-2
drbd-8.0.13-1.el5.centos

>> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3186
>>

> I think James would still like to know what yum and yum-kmod you are
> using, and what the OP was using.

[root at app1 ~]# rpm -qa \*yum\*
yum-3.2.8-9.el5.centos.2.1

I don't have yum-kmod, should I?

Thanks,
jerry

--
There's plenty of youth in America - it's time we find the "fountain of smart".