[CentOS-devel] Rebuild xorg

Sun Dec 21 16:28:19 UTC 2008
Alain PORTAL <alain.portal at free.fr>

Le dimanche 21 décembre 2008, Alan Bartlett a écrit :
> 2008/12/21 William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>
>
> > On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 14:26 +0100, Alain PORTAL wrote:
> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > I tried to use the vga driver but the only mode that succeded to run is
> > > 320x200....
> > > I can accept low resolution but not a such one ;-)
> >
> > You ought to be able to get at least VESA stuff.
> >
> > As root, from a console in run level 3 (telinit 3), try
> >
> >    system-config-display
> >
> > That _ought_ to get you going.
> >
> > > <snip>
>
> Alain,
>
> Whilst you are at runlevel 3,  please copy & post the output of both
> /sbin/lspci and /sbin/lspci -n commands that relate to your video card.
> Apologies if you've already posted this information -- have I missed it?

On bug I reported (http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3309) I joined a
lspci.txt which is the result of "lspci -s 01:00.0 -vv".

"lspci -s 01:00.0" output:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M71 [Mobility Radeon
X2100] (rev ce)

"lspci -s 01:00.0 -n" output:
01.00.0 0300:  1002:7210 (rev ce)

Regards,