[CentOS-devel] QA Coordinator

Tim Verhoeven

tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 20:26:26 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

As most of you will probably know there was a CentOS developers day
last Friday (before the FOSDEM event). One of the things discussed
during that day was the need/use for a QA coordinator. I think the
best way to describe the job role is that this person should be
between the developers and the QA team and make sure that QA testing
is efficient and on time (as best as we can get). Also the coordinator
is the single point of contact for the developers to talk to the QA
team and the other way around.

I am the "lucky" person that will try to be this QA coordinator from
now on. So I would like to make the following arrangements :

Towards the developers. Let me know as soon as possible when there is
something in the pipeline that will need to tested by the QA team. The
sooner as I know the sooner that I get can the testers mobilized and
ready.

For the members of the QA team. If you are still interested in testing
then make sure you are added to the QA Team page on the wiki
(http://wiki.centos.org/QaTeam). During testing document all your
findings on the wiki so we can keep track of things.

I will try to make a test plan and some sort of schedule on the wiki
for each release that needs to go through QA as soon that I'm aware
that a release is coming for testing, so everybody knows when there is
a need for testing.

Alright, that is it for know I think. Let me know if you have any
questions, comments, things I forgot, ...

Regards,
Tim
Your friendly neighborhood QA coordinator

--
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)