[CentOS-devel] Network on CentOS 5.2

Marcus Moeller

mm at gcug.de
Sat Jul 19 07:25:28 UTC 2008

Hi all.

I am not yet sure if this is a general problem and already known, but
on my machine (a FSC M9400 Notebook) the network was slightly broken
until I installed the latest updates.

The IP address has been correctly assigned and is shown by ifconfig.
The network access worked for a while (about 5 minutes) until it
broke. Then, pinging external ressources was still possible but trying
to access Webservers or other TCP links did no longer work. After an
yum update (including a kernel upgrade) and a reboot the problem has
gone.

Best Regards
Marcus