[CentOS-devel] perl-devel package

Dag Wieers

dag at centos.org
Thu Jul 31 13:42:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008, Kenneth Porter wrote:

> --On Thursday, July 31, 2008 2:48 AM +0200 Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org> wrote:
>
>>  Since the subversion people never report releases on freshmeat, I often
>>  find out that a new release is made by people informing me, or by
>>  accident (like now).
>
> Why not subscribe to subversion-announce?

Because it would be hell to track 4000 other projects like that. Freshmeat
is a good centralised system to track new releases of Open Source
software. It would be nice of they used it as well.

Besides, anyone can report a new release so it does not necessarily need
to be done by the subversion release team (although that would be ideal).

Kind regards,