[CentOS-devel] 5.2 Dates

John Summerfield

debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sun Jun 1 12:03:00 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>>
>> Where might the anxious find these? I have an sl5 (another RHEL5
>> clone) system that's next to useless as there's no adequate support
>> for graphics. I'd like to try 5.2 before I try it as a boat anchor.
>>

> Can you be more specific as to what you consider "adequate support for
> graphics"?

All of these:
Framebuffer in xen works.
X works
Switching between virtual consoles and X works.

Those work fine on my Thinkcentre P IV running Sl5, and on my HP DC7700
running F8, but SL5 is a basket case.

On the Thinkcentre, "modprobe intelfb" gets framebuffer,
I don't recall what, if anything, I had to do to f8, I'm running f9 and
that lacks a dom0 kernel (but I have kvm).

Switching works as one would expect on the Thinkcentre (but "fbset
--all" is advantageous).

Switching on SL5 gets various, somewhat random, video corruption in VCs
and in X.

--

Cheers
John