[CentOS-devel] CentOS Forums again

Ned Slider

ned at unixmail.co.uk
Tue Jun 3 22:44:48 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Tim Verhoeven wrote:
>> As far as I can see requirements for the forum, it looks ok. Only the
>> email gateway to a mailinglist is not really there, but there is a
>> nice forum to RSS gateway which the none-forum lovers may a usable
>> alternative.
>
> iirc, its one of the main issues behind wanting a better forum system.
> Otherwise, are there any major benefits of moving to another s/w ? At
> the moment, and a very real option for the future, is to just stay with
> an integrated CMS / Forum / News etc system.

One of the big benefits I see on other forum software is the ability to
jump to the first unread post in a thread, something I haven't noticed a
way of doing on the current system. It's extremely time consuming to
have to reread a whole thread to find out where you last read to and
find the new posts in a thread since your last visit.