[CentOS-devel] yum and fastestmirror

Jason_Meers

jason_meers at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jun 12 13:10:17 UTC 2008

Alan Bartlett wrote:
> On 12/06/2008, *Michael Simpson* <mikie.simpson at gmail.com
> <mailto:mikie.simpson at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     nope
>     would save me once less configuration step on every new install
>

> Seconded.
>
> Alan.
Third'eded   ;-)

I would love to see fastestmirror (along with skip-broken) automatically
included, however we should probably mention in the release notes that
if you share kickstart files between upstream and CentOS (as I do), you
will receive a warning box on screen during the automated installing you
that the "yum-fastestmirror" is not a recognised package "would you like
to skip it and continue, or cancel the installation?", which breaks the
un-attended nature of an un-attended install.

I still think it should be included, but mentioned in the release notes.

Jason_Meers