[CentOS-devel] Distro Theming

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams

ivazqueznet at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 09:12:21 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 15:43 -0400, Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> What do you think of adding some of modern-CentOS design into our
> CentOS distro ?
>
> Take a look at: http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/DistroDesign/modern-CentOS
>
> I would like to collect comments of people how really know what things
> must be changed, dimensions, CentOS Look and Feel, and stuff like
> that, in order to focus the actions over what is really needed.

I really like the idea and the designs, *but* (you knew that was coming,
right? :P ) I don't like the color.

Color is one of the strongest branding mechanisms there is. CentOS in
the past has used aqua/light blue on login screens, splash screens, and
so on. I think changing to dark blue is a bad idea. It's like seeing the
IBM logo in green; it's "just not" IBM anymore.

I'm not saying that we have to use the same blue that we have in the
past, but certainly we should stick to the same general "area".