[CentOS-devel] trouble building x86_64 gcc (w/ mock) for 5.2

Paul B Schroeder

paul.schroeder at bluecoat.com
Thu Jun 26 22:10:57 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 20:08 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Paul B Schroeder wrote:
> > Hey all...
> >
> > I know what is causing it to fail, but I'm not certain why.  The what is
> > that mock/yum is not pulling in glibc-devel for i386 into the mock
> > chroot.  So it is causing the multi-lib stuff to fail.  In my root.log I
> > can see glibc-devel for x86_64 was installed in the chroot.  But why is
> > it not pulling glibc-devel.i386 into the chroot?
> >
> > I'm using mock-0.9.7-1.el5 from EPEL..  mock config file and relevent
> > build.log portion below..
>
> this isnt a enduser support list, please take your querry to somewhere
> relevant.

Hmm..  Not certain if your comment was meant to be as snippy as it came
across to me.  But apologies from me..

I realize this is not an end user support list.  But I'm developing a
CentOS based distro, trying to do what y'all just did with 5.2.  Thought
it might be relevant..

Thanks...Paul..

P.S.  I worked it out..