[CentOS-devel] 2 problems running CentOS 5.1 + kernel-vm in VMware Fusion

Leonardo Vilela Pinheiro leonardo.pinheiro at dobemsoftware.com
Fri Mar 7 14:09:00 UTC 2008

Inside VMware Fusion, I've started using:
- CentOS 5.1 x86_64
- kernel-vm-2.6.18-53.1.13.el5.x86_64.rpm from
- kmod-open-vm-tools-0-0.20080123.2.6.18_53.1.13.el5vm.x86_64.rpm from

Sometimes (most times) I get this error during boot:

"The VMware Tools poweron script did not run successfully in this
virtual machine - If you have configured a custom poweron script in
this virtual machine, please inspect it for errors; otherwise, please
submit a support request."

A screenshot of this error can be seen in:

I don't know if this error is happening in VMware under Linux or Windows.

When I try to suspend the virtual machine (clicking on "Suspend
Guest"), I get the error that can be seen in:

If I may help debugging something, please tell me what to show you.