[CentOS-devel] rhwas 5 work?

Bent Terp bent at nagstrup.dk
Thu Mar 27 05:58:22 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 2:02 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
>  We cant build and ship out the java stuff without using some jre / jvm - IcedTea
>  is not quite there yet. And I dont think we can actually ship any jdk due to
>  licensing issues. Could we ?

I know that Dag used to ship jre with the mozilla plugin. And that
would be a huge improvement, given that IcedTea-plguin simply doesn't
work for 3/4 of the things I want java in my browser for.

For all I know, things could be much different for jdk - but something
like "install the jdk rpm that you get from Sun" and then assume it
exists in /usr/java/latest is IMNSHO better than nothing.

regards,
  Bent