[CentOS-devel] rhwas 5 work?

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Mar 28 00:53:35 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>> What arrangement does Canonical have for Ubuntu?
> You'll need to go ask Canonical for that wont you ?
I would have thought you might be interested in a similar arrangement;
it doesn't bother me particularly, but I'm trying to help solve _your_
problem. You said, "We cant build and ship out the java stuff without
using some jre / jvm - IcedTea is not quite there yet. And I dont think
we can actually ship any jdk due to licensing issues. Could we ?"

If real Java can be shipped with an acceptable though imperfect licence
then I'd think the problem's solved. And as Java licensing is moving
recently, I suggest it's worth your time asking.

-- spambait
1aaaaaaa at coco.merseine.nu  Z1aaaaaaa at coco.merseine.nu
-- Advice

You cannot reply off-list:-)