[CentOS-devel] rhwas 5 work?

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Mar 28 01:14:30 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>> Java items require a contract and permission to ship from each of the
>> vendors (IBM, BEA, Sun). Part of this comes from the overlying Sun
>> contract that IBM/BEA have with Sun to use the Java trademark, and
>> some come from usual business practices. With the application itself
>> licensing is also involved, but that seems to be limited in some ways.
>> Blech... every time I have had to deal with this in the past... the
>> lawyers have to work it out first.
>
> Considering we dont have any lawyers, what would the next step be ?

I'm sending a bcc to Monica Pawlin at Sun. She has some involvement with
Java, I'm hoping she can refer this to someone at Sun who matters.

We have corresponded wrt Java and Blackboys (they're trees) before, and
she told be about the Sun/Ubuntu announcement.

Monica, I think you don't have a working email address for me, you
certainly can't reach this one. summer js.id.au  will do.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait