[CentOS-devel] rhwas 5 work?

Brandon Davidson brandond at uoregon.edu
Fri Mar 28 23:50:45 UTC 2008

William L. Maltby wrote:
>>> I have no standing with the CentOS project, and I don't wish to become a
>>> developer. I know myself well enough to understand that it's not
>>> something I do well, even though a resume of my experience might suggest
>>> otherwise.
>> Well, the whole point to CentOS is that anyone and everyone should be
>> able to help along. Dont need a tag / title..
>
> And a good part of that is contributing ideas, pointers, support to
> others, etc. IMO. Not everyone has time or inclination to contribute in
> ways that the project might like.
>
> And that fits within the spirit of open source, no?

I hate to get involved in this discussion, but it seems to me that the
last thing that any of the core developers need at this point is more
people coming in and heaping work on their plate. There are barely
enough hours in the day for them to accomplish their existing tasks.

If you have something new you'd like to see done, that's great. It's
always nice to know what's wanted, and how it might be accomplished...
but unless you're ready to take it on yourself, chances are low that
someone else on this mailing list is going to pick it up and run with it
for you. About the only thing you *can* expect is Karanbir (or someone
else) giving you a polite suggestion that you follow it up yourself, and
come back when you have some work to show.

-Brandon