[CentOS-devel] rhwas 5 work?

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Mar 27 01:02:48 UTC 2008

Joe Pruett wrote:
> are there people working on getting the rhwas 5 rpms builtup for
> centosplus 5?  the gophp5 people are starting to have an impact and
> drupal users are wanting php 5.2, which i was surprised to see in the
> rhwas srpms directory.  the users might even be willing to be testers
> since they're on a virtual server.

Yes, been working on the rhwas stuff for centos5, and I was going to post an
email on this list about that tomorrow.

Some of the components, like php5/mysql/httpd/mod_perl etc build with no issues
- however, the Java bits are a bit tricky. And to be honest, I could use some
help from people who know a bit more about the situation.

We cant build and ship out the java stuff without using some jre / jvm - IcedTea
is not quite there yet. And I dont think we can actually ship any jdk due to
licensing issues. Could we ?

- KB

And, btw - gophp5 people are idiots. Feel free to tell them that. If only this
much energy was spent on educating the script kiddies on proper coding
methodologies and audit process etc, we wont have php as, imho, the largest
security liability in the Linux server world today.