[CentOS-devel] rhwas 5 work?

John Summerfield

debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Mar 28 01:26:39 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:

Karanbir
I find you very difficult to deal with, and I don't want that. Can we
try to keep things calm?

>>> You'll need to go ask Canonical for that wont you ?
>>>
>> I would have thought you might be interested in a similar arrangement;
>
> Similar to what ? You havent actually pointed out any arrangement
> details that might be on offer.

There is an arrangement in place, but I don't know the details. Probably
a simple enquiry would find what's available now. It may well be more
relaxed than what was on offer last year. IBM has been pressing Sun to
open-source Java for years, I wouldn't expect any problem from IBM.

>> If real Java can be shipped with an acceptable though imperfect
>> licence then I'd think the problem's solved. And as Java licensing is
>> moving recently, I suggest it's worth your time asking.
>
> As I have pointed out a couple of times already on this thread, my aim
> of asking here was if anyone wanted to pursue this. I am not looking for
> opinions or ideas to chase up. If you are indeed interested in helping,
> then help, standing on the side lines and passing commentary is not
> something I am ( or most people on this list ) interested in.

I have no standing with the CentOS project, and I don't wish to become a
developer. I know myself well enough to understand that it's not
something I do well, even though a resume of my experience might suggest
otherwise.

None of that goes to say I cannot offer useful advice.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait