[CentOS-devel] rhwas 5 work?

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Fri Mar 28 12:36:33 UTC 2008

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> <snip>
>
> http://download.java.net/dlj/jdk6/README.html
>
> Doing more research, the license for distributing java FOR THE LATEST
> SDK seems usable by CentOS.
>
> The new 1.1 version of the JDL is much better than the older license:
>
> http://download.java.net/dlj/jdk6/LICENSE
>
> Whether or not we can use this version of Java to work with the rhwas
> remains to be seen, but if it will work, we may be in business :D

Hmmm .. the indemnity clause is still there, though a bit lighter that
the one I had major issues with.

And openjdk is close ... I think we should wait since we will be
supporting it for 5 more years, whatever we do.  Open GPL'ed software is
a much better approach I think.

Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up for 30 minutes