[CentOS-devel] rhwas 5 work?

Thu Mar 27 21:04:10 UTC 2008

Joe Pruett wrote:
> since i started this and was really looking for php support, would it be
> possible to release all the other packages from rhwas that did compile
> easily?  i was able to build just the php 5.2 rpm myself and it seems to
> install fine, so it seems like the rest of the non-java stuff should be
> fine as well.  holding it all up for the java licensing issue seems like
> it could be a long wait...

Well, there is nothing stopping just a few rpms from making the repos - in
CentOS 4, Johnny and I decided that we would actually NOT build the java stuff
at all, the legal situation and the fog around the whole java issue was way too
dense at the time. However, I am under the (wrong?) impression that some of
those issues may have cleared by now. And would like to get the entire Jboss and
java stuff in rhwas done for c5plus.

What I am sort of hoping for is that someone who has $clue > 0 w.r.t Java and
associated issues, steps forward to try and help with this issue.