[CentOS-devel] rhwas 5 work?

Fri Mar 28 01:16:59 UTC 2008

John Summerfield wrote:
>>> What arrangement does Canonical have for Ubuntu?
>>
>> You'll need to go ask Canonical for that wont you ?
>>
> I would have thought you might be interested in a similar arrangement;

Similar to what ? You havent actually pointed out any arrangement
details that might be on offer.

> If real Java can be shipped with an acceptable though imperfect licence
> then I'd think the problem's solved. And as Java licensing is moving
> recently, I suggest it's worth your time asking.

As I have pointed out a couple of times already on this thread, my aim
of asking here was if anyone wanted to pursue this. I am not looking for
opinions or ideas to chase up. If you are indeed interested in helping,
then help, standing on the side lines and passing commentary is not
something I am ( or most people on this list ) interested in.