[CentOS-devel] Wrong directory in CentOS5-respin

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon May 5 23:32:00 UTC 2008

Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 08:47:54PM +0800, Ruomu Hu wrote:
>> I often need to install CentOS5 on servers, I do this a lot, so I think
>> I need a respin dist (all updates included).
>
> Nah. Instead, make your kickstart point to both the main repo and the
> updates repo, and it'll mrge the two and give you a system with the newest
> packages already installed.

I'm with Matthew. If you do it on the road a lot, pack a laptop with the
repos you want, dhcpd, tftp (run BIND too) installed and ready to start,
a small switch and a few wires.And, maybe, a DVD and boot cd, just in case.

You can reconfigure as needed in %post and on first boot.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait