[CentOS-devel] Can I use newest anaconda in customized CentOS5?

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu May 8 12:01:03 UTC 2008

Ruomu Hu wrote:
> Hi!
> Can I use the newest anaconda (e.g. in my customized
> CentOS5? Will it work fine with CentOS5's kernel rpms, paths of
> configuration files, names of related rpms(redhat-logo, etc), etc? Will
> there be any problems?

Judging from attempts to compose CentOS5 on Fedora 9, and attempts to
compose Fedora 9 from CentOS5 during my Revisor development;

No, you can't.

Of course you could try, but you will find requirements ranging from yum
 >= 3.2.4 to newer squashfs-tools, and as such it is not as simple as it
looks and would most likely prove not to be worth it.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen