[CentOS-devel] 5.2 Dates

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Fri May 23 13:43:02 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> ok, so I put some dates up at http://wiki.centos.org/KaranbirSingh/5.2
>
> Essentially, 25th is the last date that I am still looking at backlog and
> mod's etc. After that its basically just all builders go, get the packages
> into the -qa target. Once that is done - install media.
>
> this plan gives the -qa guys 6 days to look at stuff. Which should be enough
> ?

My feeling is that 6 days is going to be to short especially when some
of us are going to be at Linuxtag between the 28th and the 31th.

10 days sounds like a more reasonable estimate to me. But it will also
depend on how much issues we find. It can go faster but it can also go
slower.

Anyway, when can we expect the first packages to be build ? I'm
planning on setting up 2 VM's (one for i386, one for x86_64) to give
all build packages a first test, and when all packages are ready let
the rest of the QA'ers loose on them.

Regards,
Tim

--