[CentOS-devel] CentOS 5.2 todo list

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Sat May 24 08:43:00 UTC 2008

On Fri, 23 May 2008, Tim Verhoeven wrote:

> There are a couple of things mentioned during the release of 5.1 that
> would be nice if they could be integrated into 5.2. These are (in
> random order) :
>
> - Update the content of the slides (and translate them)
>
> I don't remember what exactly people would like to have changed or who
> it was that mentioned it. But anyway, the time is now if we would like
> the slides updated. So speak up :-)

I did. The slides would be the perfect opportunity to promote some things.

  - Explain what CentOS is and how we relate to upstream
  - Explain all the additional stuff the CentOS project is doing
  - Explain that we have SIGs and how they can join them
  - Explain where to get documentation
  - Explain how people can help CentOS (contribute, pay C, buy RH)
  - Explain what Enterprise Linux means and show the release cycle
  - ...

Can we have a look at the current CentOS slides and see what we could
improve ?

> - Add the updates repo (in the same list as the extra repo)
>
> By default at the Updates repo to the Anaconda installer like it
> currently is for the Extras repo. So people that have a internet
> connection during install can have updated packages already installed.

When doing this on CentOS 5.1 in a kickstart file (repo directive) it
would fail because of the wrong package order. One of the first things
that needs to be installed is glibc (because of ldconfig) and coreutils
but it didn't go first and 100% packages simply failed to install.

I didn't debug this, maybe the updates repo needed some special tweaking ?