[CentOS-devel] buildsys-build SRPM/spec file

Paul B Schroeder paul.schroeder at bluecoat.com
Fri May 30 03:11:58 UTC 2008

Thanks..  I was already building using the version from dev.centos.org
(buildsys-build-0.5-6.el5.centos.7.noarch.rpm), so I didn't want to
deviate too much.

At any rate, I've discovered that the latest buildsys-build spec
"template" is available in the git repo for mock.  Strange that I don't
see it in the latest mock .tar.gz release though.

I queried the CentOS version (rpm -qp --requires
buildsys-build-0.5-6.el5.centos.7.noarch.rpm 2>/dev/null | sort) and
discovered the diff between it and the latest from git:  CentOS requires
'python' where the latest version from the mock git repo does not.  The
git version requires 'buildsys-macros' where the CentOS version does

Looking at /etc/mock/epel-5-i386.cfg on my Fedora 9 install, I found
that 'buildsys-macros' RPM and SRPM could be found here:

Now I know what I'm dealing with, but this would have been a whole lot
easier to figure out if the CentOS SRPM had been available..  :(

Browse the mock git repo here to find buildsys-build.spec.template:

Browse previous .spec versions (before buildsys-build.spec was renamed
to buildsys-build.spec.template):

Looks like this version (0.5-4) is closest to the centos rpm version