[CentOS-devel] yum repo fles not being updated.

Sat May 17 10:25:27 UTC 2008
Rabie Van der Merwe <rvdmerwe at mhg.co.za>

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the best list to drop this into, but it seems as
if the yum repo's files have not been updated since May 09, other files
are making there way into the mirrors.
I tried running an 'yum update' expecting to update to
'xen-3.0.3-41.el5_1.5.x86_64.rpm' however nothing happened, on doing a
'yum list | grep xen' it's also not listed, but if I check the mirror I
am using the file is there. I then check the timestamp on repodata/
files:
lftp ftp.is.co.za:/mirror/centos/5.1/updates/x86_64/repodata> ls
-rw-r--r--    1 ftp      ftp       1602429 May 09 09:48 filelists.xml.gz
-rw-r--r--    1 ftp      ftp       6172007 May 09 09:48 other.xml.gz
-rw-r--r--    1 ftp      ftp        282716 May 09 09:48 primary.xml.gz
-rw-r--r--    1 ftp      ftp           951 May 09 09:48 repomd.xml

I checked some of the other mirrors around and the same thing.

Regards
Rabie van der Merwe
Infrastructure Architect

---------
NOTICE
---------

This message (including attachments) contains privileged and confidential information intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.

Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copy or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient, is prohibited.

If you received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, facsimile or telephone and thereafter delete the material from any computer.

Metropolitan Health Group, its subsidiaries or associates, does not accept liability for any personal views expressed in this message.

Metropolitan Health Group
PO Box 4313 Cape Town 8000 Tel: (021) 480 4511 Fax: (021) 480 4535 www.mhg.co.za