[CentOS-devel] qemu 0.9.1

Tue May 6 15:12:23 UTC 2008
Mark Foster <mark at foster.cc>

Daniel de Kok wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> qemu 0.9.1 packages are now provided through the CentOS 5 testing
> repository. qemu is mainly provided for the qemu-img tool, but in the
> future we may also add kqemu. We'd like to hear if qemu-img is working
> ok for everybody. We can focus on testing qemu itself once kqemu is
> packaged.

Wonderful!
Hopeful to see kqemu soon, too.
qemu + kqemu is great alternative to vmware* and for those of use who
don't have vmx-capable hardware. So nice that vdisk created with
qemu-img should be transportable between qemu & kvm.

--
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
Mark D. Foster, CISSP <mark at foster.cc>  http://mark.foster.cc/