[CentOS-devel] CentOS 5.2 todo list

Fri May 23 15:33:14 UTC 2008
John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org>

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> John Summerfield wrote:
>>> My dhcp server offers an ntp server; _that_ is the one I want used.
>>> It  seems weird to me that it isn't.
>>
>> Nobody forbids you to use that. We are just changing the *default*
>> stuff for the time configuration utility and the *default* config for
>> ntpd.
>>

> I think what he means is that if the dhcp server supplies the option for
> ntp servers, they should be installed and used automatically more or
> less like dns servers are - unless you have set an option to override
> with a different setting.

Exactly. At present, the offering is either ignored ... or I've made a
goose of myself again.

I don't feel like doing a manual install right now to see what goes on,
but I can't find a RH-ish system that isn't using the value offered by
my dhcp server. Even on C4.

I do think one shouldn't be asked about timezone info by Anaconda if the
DHCP server provides it, and I'm sure it still does, but that isn't what
I had in mind.

--

Cheers
John