[CentOS-devel] CentOS 5 ServerCD ?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Nov 3 21:47:00 UTC 2008

Dag Wieers wrote:
> A single CD installer providing a minimal installation that is good
> enough to yum install the rest of the packages seems useful to me.

You can already do that from cd-1 of the distro.

> An installable LiveCD that provides this minimal installation would be
> good enough as well.

If its a case of doing a dd if=blah of=blah, that would be easy to do,
otherwise, I am not sure of what the state of play with livecd -> rw
storage installers is today. Is that something that anaconda even does
at the moment ? I've not been looking at the anaconda tree recently.

- KB