[CentOS-devel] CentOS Plus kernels?

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 15:39:01 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 12:28 AM, Gernot Stocker
<gernot.stocker at tugraz.at> wrote:
> Hello All,
> I know this might be a nasty question but is there a special reason why
> there are no up-to-date kernel packages in the centosplus repository? I
> know, that I can compile it on my own but getting a compiled ne from
> you seems for all to be the best way of updating kernel. Anyway thank
> you for your great job you do all the time!

As we all know very well, CentOS developers use their free time to get
all jobs done.  There may be some delays depending on the status of
their work load (both real and virtual).  Besides, centosplus kernels
usually do not come out immediately after a new kernel update.

I have built the latest cplus kernels and made them available from:

http://centos.toracat.org/kernel/centos5/centosplus-testing/

I am running it on my machines just fine but no further testing has
been done.  If people can test them, that might actually help speed up
the release of the official version (so I hope).   Note that my
version is named in such a way that the CentOS version, when it is
out, can be installed by yum without any additional command line
options.

Akemi