[CentOS-devel] Instructions on rebuilding the CentOS 5 installer?

James Pearson james-p at moving-picture.com
Tue Nov 25 17:23:41 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> James Pearson wrote:
>
>> Is this what the CentOS team use to rebuild the installer?
>
> no.

Out of interest, how do the CentOS team rebuild the installer?

>> Having a very quick look at the docs, it appears to be far much more
>> than I need ... for CentOS 4, I use a short script to run genhdlist
>> (twice), pkgorder and buildinstall (pulled from the build.sh.txt
>> above) - is there a similar script for CentOS 5 available somewhere?
>

> There is no script really, since its all yum repo's on the install
> media, its just a case of making sure your repo's are complete, the
> packages dep loop close, and running buildinstall once.

How do I make sure the 'packages dep loop close' - does that mean
running pkgorder?

> In most cases, I highly recommend you dont even do the buildinstall
> process. just use what is shipped with the centos media, just adapt
> repo's to taste.

Yes, I agree, but there are times (with CentOS 4) that I have needed to
rebuild the installer for my own needs - and I would like to make sure I
can do this with CentOS 5 when required.

Thanks

James Pearson